MCC is now welcoming all students to attend external and internal committee meetings to provide input and/or listen in!
These committees are chaired by a designated council member, but membership is open to the entire student body!
- Celebrating John Muir Week and Muirstock Committee
- Organizes the CJMW and Muirstock events in the spring; includes booking artists, choosing CJMW events, and much, much more!
- Chair: Jasmine Terhall (Muirstock) and Lela Aviles (CJMW)
- When/Where: 3-4pm on Wednesdays @ Mariposa Room
- Spirit Committee
- Promotes Muir and UCSD spirit by hosting events and promoting athletics; oversees Muir’s involvement in the Spirit Night basketball game in winter quarter.
- Chair: Jennell Encizo
- When/Where: 4-5pm on Tuesdays @ Mariposa Room
- Muir Initiatives Committee
- Coming this quarter! We want to give all students access to council’s resources so they can tackle issues and have an impact.
- Chair: Ellie Saitoh, VP External Affairs
Internal members of council choose a committee to join. These committees each oversee an aspect of council.
- Finance Committee
- Previews funding requests and provides information on past allocations.
- Chair: Natasha Bell, VP Finance
- 6:30-7:30 PM on Tuesdays in Sequoia Room
- Publicity Committee
- Oversees council’s social media, visibility, and advertising efforts.
- Chair: Julia Li, VP Public Relations
- 5-6 pm on Fridays in the Muir Quad
- Rules Committees
- Reviews council’s governing documents and recommends changes to better reflect our procedures.
- Chair: Alberto Nencioni, VP Internal Affairs
- 11 AM – 12 PM on Tuesdays in Sequoia Room